It made me smile and chuckle. I love it although you are an a**hole for writing something so annoying and then putting it in the ska category. Nevertheless...props.
While it is not mind-blowing it is VERY well put together and it all works together and is very catchy. I must especially say that I love the clarity of your drums although at times I wondered if maybe they were a little too bright (but only a touch). While I would probably vote it at a 4, I'm voting 5 because this is way better than any kind of 3 -- its current score. Good work!
I thought it sounded good...
until I realized that you probably just stole it and posted it up here. There's no way in hell that you got a live orchestra to perform this with professional mixers to make it sound as good as it did. 0 vote from me.
I can't believe people were giving this bad reviews. This is really pretty good. Especially when compared to the others submitted around the same time with better ratings than this. Kudos!
I didn't know that you had "classical" in you! I'm very impressed. Nice orchestration and very cool melody and harmonic progression...if that last thing made any sense to you :) Some of the parts sounded a little weird because it sounded like you had too much stuff happening, but it only happened once, so don't worry about it too much. Anyway, great work, I can't wait to hear more from you in the future if you ever submit to the AP again.
Damn , it's 1 july already and i just noticed that you left me a review.
Yeah i know i havet submitted in half a year now but be aware a big and fresh wave
that has been made throught the half a year is going towards NG's AP.
I am glad that you lked it , as it is tha last song i made till now.
See ya !
I like your music, but...
Now don't take this the wrong way because I am not negatively criticizing, but merely telling you my view on a few things. After listening to 25 Instruments, Vibes, Xibes, Change of Course, and The Sad Ending I have come the the following three conclusions:
1) You are off to a great start as a composer, but your general sound still sounds a little ameture-ish. Just keep working and, of course, you will naturally get better. A lot of your music sounds to much the same the whole way through. I would reccomend that you make another "section" within your compositions. I know that you love to run your ideas until they are dead in the ground, but consider using separate "ideas" in your music to add a little freshness and help prevent them from sounding too redundant.
2) You need to learn about using reverb and delays in your music. The snare and tambourine in vibe sounded a little dead to me. I think that adding some ambience to the sound with a little reverb might add a little life to your percussion. Delay, more often than not (and take this with a grain of salt) will fatten your bass sounds (and other sounds sometimes as well). I sugguest experimenting with the effects to see if/how you like them.
3) Sometimes it soounds like there is simply too much going on in your music at once and makes the song sound confusing or muddy because there is too much going on for me to distinguish between all the ideas swirling around at once.
One great way that I try to improve my music is to listen (really closely) to whatever music I like and try to catch everything that is going on that I like about it and what is going on that makes it sound the way it does and makes me react to it the way I do. Then take these theories/concept that you have learned and apply them to your music.
Thanks again for the review...I know this was probably more than you bargained for, but I hope it helps you nonetheless.
Thank you for the very in depth review!
1. It is true that most of my songs have one part, then another part layered on top, then another one, etc. With the program I used to own, it was simply the easiest way to make my songs, and at the time I thought it sounded pretty good. But now these songs do sound repetitive and I have been getting some reviews explaining this and how i can work on it. Though it is a longer process to make different parts during the song, I am starting to do that more with my new songs (after Harp rock) (Although, I think I could've worked on The Reason more to make it sound better). Right now I'm working on a new song which is different the whole way through, so it is not as redundant as my others.
2. Well, now I know what that delay thing does... hehe. With my old program, there were no reverb or delay functions. As I got Reason 3.0, I started to realize what these things were (but not completely.) I am still bad at mastering, so I'm happy for the tips, its just that my old program had none of these things and thats why the drums and the bass and everything else sounds flat.
3. Sometimes I did get carried away with the layers of the song, especially 25 Instruments and Change of Course. I'm trying to avoid this now.
Thanks for all the advice!!- I really appreciate it :) And thanks for listening to all those songs of mine!
Your music blows my mind! This is song just gets better and better as it goes on. The only thing I might suggest is that I would make the transitions in to the different sections more fluid so it doesn't sound like [Section 1 - Fade out - Section 2 - Fade out - Section 3] and so on. Otherwise this is a badass track.
That was a reaction I was hoping for from someone. ;) As for the transitions, you're right on that one. It's just hard for me sometimes. I kinda rush without thinking because some of my tracks eat up hella CPU! So I'm like, "Argh! Must finish fast so slowness stops!!!" ;) THanks for the review.
Woah, this is gonna be hot when its done!
My only problem is that it sounds like there is too many sounds going on at once and it sounds a little confusing. Try not to make it sound too busy. Other than that, this demo is incredible. I love your choices of sounds...it definately has a classic trance sound to it! Keep up the good work! ^_^
That was so smooth! I loved how you worked some 8-bit sounds into your beat! That is so original (to me anyway). You are a genious! 5 vote from me homie.
Hahaha, thanks man! I'm glad that you liked it so much, and that you think I'm a genius! Haha, yea the 8-bit sounds I used in the beat make me smile :)
I'm sorry but...
I'm sorry but I had to zero vote this. Honestly this is hardly even a song. Granted it has musical value to it, but you used to separate drum loops at once and their tempos didn't even line up. None of your samples were original. This really sounded like you just took a bunch of things and put them together rather than doing something a little more original; you used pieces of other people's imagination rather than mostly using your own. Granted samples are great, but try to find ways to tweak them to make them your own.
However, don't get discouraged by this review...I know that you aren't proficient in FL yet, but keep trying and you will eventually figure it out. This track is just another step in getting there.
Yeah sorry. I realized a little bit too late that this song actually sounds pretty crappy. That's I why I just uploaded "Lo_oper"
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.